Content Manager, HEMPHILL Fine Arts
HEMPHILL, a leading gallery of contemporary art in Washington, DC, seeks a new addition to its gallery staff.
The role: Content Manager
The hours: Part-time/primarily remote during pandemic with possibility of becoming full-time; 15-20 Hours / Week
The Content Manager is responsible for organizing and presenting gallery content for the promotion of the gallery and its artists and exhibitions, artwork inventory, and consignments. The Content Manager presents information using various digital platforms and social media as well as in person. The Content Manager also develops and produces digital and print content to support the presentation and sale of artworks.
The Content Manager will fully participate in the development of broad communication strategies related to the goals and resources of the gallery and the position requires an up-to-date knowledge of the current trends and practices in digital and media communication.
The Content Manager will work in collaboration with and in support of the Gallery Director and the owner.
Success in this position will be measured by positive teamwork interaction, enthusiasm for the success of the gallery, contributions to successful sales of artwork, and the increasing visibility of the gallery.
There is future potential to transition to full-time.
• Maintain gallery web presence with regular updates using content management systems: HEMPHILL Website, Artsy, Artnet.
• Create iContact announcements about artwork, artists and gallery news
• Manage social media postings and plan long-range social media campaigns
• Graphic Design
• Create and assemble visual presentation materials
• Produce short video productions
• Collect and coordinate artwork images and supporting information for inventory and promotion purposes
• Email correspondence, phone support
• Assist with the day-to-day administrative requirements of a small retail business
The ideal candidate possesses a strong interest in art and artistic processes, is highly organized, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, has the ability to function in a fast-paced work environment, and is willing to take on new projects and responsibilities. A high level of attention to detail and the ability to manage projects from start to finish is essential. The candidate must be comfortable working with others, as well as able to work independently and as a self-starter. Candidate must be able to work with diverse personality profiles and navigate varying social environments.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-4 years work experience in a related field
• Ability to work remotely and on-site as scheduled
Skills & Proficiencies
• Knowledge of Mac OSX computers
• Microsoft Office, Filemaker, Adobe Creative Suite
• Photography – including photo lighting, color-correction, and editing
Hourly Pay Commensurate with Experience
Because of limitations related to COVID-19 this position will commence with limited on-site training and scheduling. Remote work will be transitioned to on-site work as safety conditions allow.
Send a resume and cover letter outlining relevant work experience and employment objectives. Provide two references with phone and email contact information and a description of relationship to the applicant.
Email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Content Manager” in the subject line.