AT CONNECT | Hillary Burchfield
July 15 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Image: Hillary Burchfield
In response to our current state of distance, ArtTable is shifting programming online where we can. This event will take place as a live conversation! Registration is open to members only. Suggested donation of $15.00. We hope to see you there!
How to take part!
- Click here to Register for this event
- Following registration you will receive call-in information in the form of a ZOOM link
- Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from the Download Center and select the “Zoom Client for Meetings” option. Alternatively, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
- For further instruction on how to use Zoom, see here.
ArtTable is expanding its CONNECT program to intimate online discussions open to members nationally across chapters. Originally designed to further encourage one-to-one networking amongst its members in DC, CONNECT transitioned to a virtual lunch hour conversation series designed to allow members to ask questions outside their day-to-day areas of expertise.
During this session we will hear from Hillary Burchfield, founder of Hillary Burchfield, LLC, on her experience starting up on her own and building her business. Topics included:
– Getting the nuts & bolts in place: transitioning a side hustle to a full-time position
– Evaluating your positioning, professional experience, and timing in the art world
– Knowing when the timing is right – the “galvanizing moment”
– Advice on leveraging your network to grow your business quickly
– Thinking currently and pivoting as needed
– Starting a business in the current climate – how to prepare for a launch, survival and success in a post-quarantine art world
Hillary Burchfield, LLC is a New York-based fine arts executive search and talent acquisition firm. Hillary received her BA from Vanderbilt University, and her MA in Art Business from Sotheby’s Institute of Art. She gained professional experience throughout her career at prominent international galleries, auction houses, art advisories, and other arts organizations, before launching Hillary Burchfield, LLC. Hillary has cultivated close relationships with galleries, museums, auction houses, artist estates, artist studios, and non-profit organizations, and works to connect these organizations with qualified candidates to build their teams and enhance their businesses. With a personal understanding of the challenges in navigating a career change in the art world, Hillary is dedicated to consulting candidates openly and honestly, and providing the most thorough networking opportunities for each candidate with a commitment to meeting their professional goals.
Thank you to Concetta Duncan, for moving the CONNECT program online and to Jacqueline Towers-Perkins for organizing.