Administrative Assistant, The Armory Show (New York, NY)
The Armory Show is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated candidate for a full-time Administrative Assistant position. Applicants must be responsible, organized, detail-oriented, comfortable working independently, have strong communication and writing skills, and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This role offers a diverse set of responsibilities, and valuable insights into the inner workings of one of the world’s largest and most prominent international art fairs.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- Answer general phone line and field calls to the appropriate persons
- Coordinate external hard mailing (FedEx, Pitney Bowes postage, and courier deliveries)
- Liaise with HR & Accounting departments regarding staffing (hiring and termination), attendance, health insurance and benefits, payroll, billing and reimbursements, etc.
- Liaise with IT department regarding computers and office WIFI
- Liaise with Building Management of One Penn Plaza regarding guest entry, certificates of insurance for vendors, deliveries and removals, freight elevator usage, etc.
- Manage the office calendar and maintain a calendar of yearly events, with upcoming art fairs, galas, parties, etc. Also maintain a calendar of monthly local gallery openings
- Facilitate weekly team meetings, create agendas, and take meeting minutes
- Keep consistent inventory of all in-office and in-storage supplies, placing new orders as needed. Also manage office storage unit
- Monitor general email inbox
- Assist in scheduling conference room and coordinating staff outings, meeting catering, and other events
- Other duties as assigned, for example:
- Support Marketing Department by copy-editing newsletters, press releases, marketing collateral, and social media posts throughout the year
- Support Exhibitor Relations Department by updating exhibitor and gallery lists, database changes and inquiries, and other database tracking
- Assist Executive Director with booking and management of travel and calendar
- Manage and submit Executive Director’s monthly expenses
- Liaise with Deputy Director and external billing team to process all incoming bills, manage the payment of vendors, and maintain office-supply budget
Staffing & Show Office Management
- Manage the interviewing and hiring of temporary assistants in the lead-up to the fair, and assist On-Site Supervisor in hiring on-site staff
- Order, distribute, and maintain all supplies for the Show Office
- As Show Office Supervisor, oversee and participate in tasks such as room set-up and maintenance (coffee, printer, deliveries, meals), badge printing, exhibitor bag stuffing, daily distribution, etc.
- Maintain the Master Show Office Excel sheet, which includes: Run of Show Calendar; Contact Information for all staff; Supplies Inventory; Exhibitor Production Contacts with WIFI and VIP request information; Deliveries schedule; Temp Staff Schedule and Locations; Daily Distribution Schedule; Catering Schedule
- Facilitate the move from Storage to the Javits and back to Storage with the moving company
- Bachelor’s degree, plus minimum 1-2 years of relevant administrative experience – including professional writing skills, articulate phone manner, attention to detail and resourcefulness
- Comprehensive computer skills
- Must be organized and diplomatic, with excellent interpersonal skills, a team-player mindset, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work long hours and evenings when necessary