Administrator, ArtTable (New York, NY)
Position Status: Part-Time Permanent, 20 hours per week, Tues/Wed/Thurs
Reports to: Executive Director
ArtTable is the foremost professional organization dedicated to advancing the leadership of women in the visual arts. We are a small 501(c)3 nonprofit national membership organization with 1200+ members across ten active, welcoming chapters, located in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC as well as members at-large in other states and countries. ArtTable is headquartered in midtown New York.
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional to assist with ArtTable’s initiatives on a part-time basis. The Administrator will provide general administrative support to the organization in relation to operations while supporting and reporting to the Executive Director. The Administrator is also responsible to other members of the team, specifically the National Programs and Chapters Manager.
This position is temporarily remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic but will require presence in the New York office beginning in September 2021.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
Office Management and Administrative Support
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Plan/attend weekly staff meetings.
- Assist with website updates as directed by the Executive Director and National Programs and Chapters Manager.
- Mail sorting/delivery and logging as needed.
- Manage office supplies/budget (track inventory in supply cabinets, reorder supplies as
- needed and approved by the Executive Director).
- Coordinate office equipment management and repair needs (copiers, computers, etc.).
- Proofreading for all departments as needed.
- Assist with communications, including program reminders & social media.
- Process receipts and invoices into a bookkeeping application.
- Maintain CRM with updates from staff and members.
- Coordinate and assist with the ArtTable Annual Benefit as directed by staff.
- Arrange for shipping as needed (correspondence, sales, annual benefit, etc.).
Committee & Board Activity
- Assist Executive Director and Board President in Board Meeting Preparation.
- Ensure meeting announcements are distributed in advance to board and committees.
- Distribute meeting minutes and materials for board and committee meetings.
- Make calls and track board meeting attendance.
- Assist with Board meeting logistics as needed.
- Attend meetings and take minutes when needed.
- Maintain board and committee minutes records.
- Assist with other committee activities as requested.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or an Associates degree with two years relevant prior work experience required.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and an equal aptitude for data accuracy and integrity.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff and occasionally volunteers.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, flexible environment in a very planned, organized, and strategic manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and master CRM information and software systems. Experience with Neon CRM is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Mac operating systems and Google Workspace, Sheets, and Doc.
- Proficiency in Mailchimp, Asana, Illustrator, and InDesign, or similar design programs a plus.
- Knowledge of the visual arts preferred and a strong interest in working in an arts nonprofit environment preferred.
Equal Opportunity: ArtTable is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
Please send a single PDF with your cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com with “Administrator ” in the subject line.