Administrator, Fine Art Department; Bonhams, Los Angeles
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for coordinating and managing fine art property inventory and movement, including inbound receiving, outbound transfer to other salerooms, and outbound property release for our Los Angeles based Fine Art Department.
- Liaising with internal and external shippers, art handlers and suppliers.
- Work directly with consignors and all internal departments on contract and file management, from property receipt to settlement, pre- to post-sale.
- Responsible for processing consignor contracts, inventory maintenance, resolution of settlement and logistical/shipping issues, determination of property status and answering relevant consignor inquiries.
- Efficient handling of client enquiries and day to day administration of the Fine Arts department, coordinating with respective Specialists in our global salerooms, including Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York.
- Maintain departmental files with all consignor documents and sale related archives.
- Provide assistance to Client Services in resolution of client issues as necessary.
- Take the necessary actions to satisfy client concerns in a timely manner. Refer property related issues to appropriate specialists to respond as required.
- Help coordinate property transfers with receivers in New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, among other locations.
- Receive and measure property. Work with specialists to obtain appropriate estimates and reserves.
- Assist with photography for catalog, promotion, ads and any other marketing collateral as needed in adherence with established deadlines.
- Review online catalog content. Request star lots and flag preview lots for the website.
- Assist with catalog production and preparation as needed.
- Manage consignor information using company-wide internal database
- Produce VIP buyers list and hold instructions for third party storage
- Follow defined Consignor Management work processes; provide consistent execution with all consignor communication.
- Assist with set up of previews and phone bidding/clerking.
- Be available for additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by line manager.
- Computer proficiency in data base programs including Windows Microsoft Office applications such as, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong organizational, communication and customer services skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Capacity to work independently and to coordinate with others.
- Bachelor of Arts degree and/or prior auction house or museum experience preferred.
- Art handling experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. and have a valid driver’s license.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter as a PDF attachment to the Recruitment@Bonhams.com email address with Administrator, Fine Art as the subject line. Visit the Bonham’s website for more information.
Deadline to Apply is October 3, 2020