Assistant to the Director, Parrish Art Museum (Water Mill, NY)
The Parrish Art Museum seeks a personable, highly organized, and hard-working person to offer critical support to the newly appointed Director. They will play a key role in the day-to-day management and success of the Director and her office.
The Assistant to the Director will be attentive, intelligent, intuitive, and proactive. They will support the Director’s initial on-boarding period and ongoing day-to-day operations. They will be required to meet deadlines and should be able to nimbly task-switch and shift priorities. They will be responsible for scheduling and note-taking, office management including budget reconciliation and reporting, and extensive liaising with internal and external constituents. They must clearly and effectively communicate to and on behalf of the Director and must be at ease interacting with all levels of staff, Museum management, Trustees, high level donors, artists, and VIPs. The Assistant to the Director will handle confidential matters and must be completely discreet
- Manage the Director’s calendar
- Oversee scheduling of internal team meetings and those with external parties
- Support with agenda preparation, presentations, and other materials for key meetings, and take notes during them
- Reply to routine telephone, email, and mail correspondence
- Greet high-level donors, artists, and trustees, and make them feel welcome
- Plan logistics for VIP visits, develop itineraries, manage catering
- Make travel arrangements and compile expense reports
- Conduct research as needed
- Complete daily administrative tasks and additional responsibilities as assigned and requested.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior executive or personal assistant experience
- Interest in the administrative and creative workings of a museum
- High degrees of professionalism and reliability, a willingness to learn, and a demonstrated history of taking initiative
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent note-taking skills and experience with taking minutes
- Skill in working collaboratively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects and assist the Director in maintaining her priorities, as well as diplomatic acumen
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to work independently, seek out needed information, and prioritize
- Cheerful and professional demeanor
$45,000 to $55,000 with a complete benefits package.
Scope of Authority: Must accept direction from the Director in executing principal responsibilities. This is a Full time, non-exempt position. Schedule: 35 hours per week
Disclaimer: The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position.
The Parrish Art Museum is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Individuals of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. The Museum’s offices are fully accessible.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and references to: email@example.com