October 10, 2019
Together, ArtTable and the Smithsonian American Art Museum presented the 5th edition of State of Art/DC: A Conversation. State of Art/DC: A conversation, a series of forums about visual arts in the DC region.
The presenters included diverse leaders who represent a spectrum of the DC region visual arts sector such as:
- Joanna Marsh, Deputy Education Chair, Head of Interpretation and Audience Research, Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Peter Chang and Brandon Hill, No Kings Collective
- Renée Stout, Multimedia Artist
- Peter Nesbett, Keeper of Imaginative Futures, Washington Project for the Arts
- Asma Naeem, The Eddie C. and C. Sylvia Brown Chief Curator, Baltimore Museum of Art
- Jennifer Anne and Allie Frazier, Co-Chairs, Emerging Arts Leaders DC
- Svetlana Legetic, Co-Founder, BYT Media and CEO, Exactly Agency
- Dr. Darryl Atwell, Purveyor of Culture, Steward of Cultural Capital
- Jessica Stafford Davis, Founder, The Agora Culture, LLC
The conversation was moderated by Kriston Capps, Staff Writer at CityLab. Stephanie Stebich, Director of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, and Jessica L. Porter, Executive Director, ArtTable, Inc. made introductory remarks.
For more information, click here.