Curatorial Assistant / Arts Administrator to Independent Curator (New York)
Upper East Side home-office provides a fully collaborative environment where working in tandem with an experienced arts professional affords opportunities to learn about every aspect of arts management as well as to develop PowerPoint presentations for adult students at a prominent educational non-profit organization.
This is a part-time permanent, entry-level position.
- Managing the Deborah Remington database, Instagram account, website updates, shipping and gallery contacts.
- Candidate will be working on two upcoming exhibitions for the artist, plus a related publication planned for 2022.
- Creative thinking is welcome in all aspects of this job. Good writing skills are essential.
- Must be well-organized, enthusiastic and dedicated to being part of this small creative team.
- Familiarity with Mac systems, including Filemaker Pro, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply
If this description matches your abilities and interest, please send a cover note, including relevant experience and why this position is of particular interest to you and your future.
Be sure to include a writing sample, especially if you have had articles published in arts publications. Please send your inquiry via email to: Margaret Mathews-Berenson;firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary compensation is commensurate with experience, open to discussion.