Development and Membership Coordinator, ArtTable (New York, NY)
A confident and energetic individual is needed to assist and support a variety of fundraising and membership initiatives at ArtTable. We are seeking a Development and Membership Coordinator, a full-time position that will report to the Lila Harnett Executive Director. This role is responsible for assisting with ArtTable’s development efforts, with a special focus on support from individuals.
This individual is responsible for research, support, and outreach in the areas of the annual fund, individual gifts, membership, corporate and foundation relations, special events, domestic and international travel, and development operations. They will also manage the current membership and spearhead outreach and engagement for new members.
This position is temporarily remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic but eventually will require a full-time onsite presence.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative and communications support for the Executive Director, including scheduling, copy editing, research, and assistance on special projects.
- Maintain gift processing, acknowledgment letters, and gift renewals.
- Maintain and expand donor and membership database.
- Assist in the execution of the annual appeal.
- Conduct research on individual donor prospects.
- Assist in assembling grant reporting materials.
- Work with all staff to monitor and maintain data integrity and development-related initiatives.
- In collaboration with staff, freelancers, and volunteers, assist in planning and executing key
- National and private events including but not limited to the annual spring gala, international travel program, and cultivation events.
- Research and identify new institutional, government, and corporate funding opportunities.
- Manage and track the fulfillment for all corporate benefits.
- Provide regular, timely, and accurate reports to the Executive Director as requested.
● Work with the Executive Director and key Board Members on outreach to potential members.
● Answer all membership inquiries by email and telephone, providing follow-up as
necessary and logging all calls from response to the resolution.
● Input data and maintain the integrity of the membership database ensuring it is current and accurate.
● Develop, implement, and report on membership engagement.
● Process member welcome and renewal notices.
● Build awareness among members regarding new and existing benefits and resources to support member satisfaction and engagement effort.
● Assist in identifying content for member newsletter and ArtTable social media.
● Manage ArtTable Circle member perks including working with major art fairs for pass distribution.
Board and Board Committee Liaison:
- Partner with the Executive Director to create presentations and reports for quarterly Board meetings, the Membership & Inclusivity Committee, and the Development Committee. Attend meetings and take and prepare minutes.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2+ years of non-profit fundraising experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain donor, volunteer, vendor, and other internal and external relationships.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues that arise at all levels.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and an equal aptitude for data accuracy and integrity.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with staff, Board Members, volunteers, donors, members, graduate-level students, and other supporters.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, flexible environment in a very planned, organized, and strategic manner.
- Knowledge of the visual arts and experience working in an arts nonprofit environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and master CRM information and software systems. Experience with Neon CRM is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Mac operating systems and Google Workspace, Sheets, and Doc.
- Proficiency in Mailchimp, Asana, Illustrator, and InDesign, or similar design programs a plus.