- This event has passed.
Virtual | Northwest Chapter Holiday Party
January 28 @ 6:30 pm
ArtTable Northwest invites members and guests to celebrate 2021 with a bang! Join us for an exclusive virtual tour of the NEON SALTWATER x BRIAN SANCHEZ exhibition ‘Energy Drink,’ plus other spaces, at the Museum of Museums, a skill-building exercise in sabrage (the ancient art of opening a bottle of champagne with a sword) from Jennifer Roberts, a round of ChatRoulette with your fellow members, and a raffle of some great prizes! See below for full details on ticket tiers and participating speakers. We hope to see you there!
Entry is free with registration!
- 1 Raffle Ticket – $15 (100% donation)
- 4 raffle tickets + cocktail or nonalcoholic shrub – $60 (60% donation)
- 6 raffle tickets + cocktail or nonalcoholic shrub + plate – $125 (60% donation)
(Food & drinks available for delivery or pickup from Knee High Stocking Co. on Capitol Hill in Seattle, WA. Please note that food & drink options are only available for people within Seattle city limits. Scroll down for menu options.)
All proceeds benefit ArtTable, the foremost professional organization dedicated to advancing the leadership of women in the arts. Through our national membership network and community initiatives, we expand opportunities for women from diverse backgrounds and at all stages of their careers, fostering a stronger future for all women in the arts.
If you can’t attend but would still like to support ArtTable, please consider making a donation here!
This event is for members & guests of ArtTable’s Northwest chapter only. Not a member? Join us today!
Registration for this event is now closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
• 6:30pm – 6:40pm – Welcome + Thanks
• 6:40pm – 7:00pm – Greg Lundgren gives us an exclusive virtual tour of NEON SALTWATER x BRIAN SANCHEZ exhibition Energy Drink, as well as other works, exhibitions and spaces at the Museum of Museums (MoM).
• 7:00pm – 7:10pm – Local art collector, On the Boards board member, and all-around extraordinary individual, Jennifer Roberts, tutors us in the ancient art of sabrage (opening a bottle of champagne with a sword) – a skill-building exercise in celebratory (outdoor) performance we can all definitely use after surviving 2020.
• 7:10pm – 7:25pm – Let’s play ChatRoulette! We will gather in zoom rooms to connect, randomly, with each other.
• 7:25pm – 7:45pm – Stay for the Raffle – where you can win great prizes.
About the Speakers & Prizes
Energy Drink is a collaboration between digital artist Neon Saltwater (Abby Dougherty) and abstract painter Brian Sanchez. It creates a found and fabricated environment that transforms the mundane into a contemplative experience through color, interior design, lighting, and the elusive euphoria of vacant and transitory spaces. Neon Saltwater’s uncanny interiors become a life-size fantasy set, a minimalist stage for Brian Sanchez’s paintings and sculptures. The rich paintings use an emotive palette that responds to the lighting design and activates the pervasive loneliness buzzing between the roomscapes. Energy Drink makes abstraction tangible.
The Museum of Museums‘ mission is to increase the artist population of Seattle and inspire our local arts ecosystem through exhibition, education, and conversation about the role of the artist, philanthropist and collector. It resides in a building originally designed by NBBJ in 1946, and was formerly occupied by Swedish Hospital Women’s Health Center. The museum and gift shop pay homage to the former site in many ways, and MOM founding donors Ruth True, Barbara Malone, Alison Milliman speak to the importance of women as philanthropists and collectors in Seattle and beyond.
Greg Lundgren is an artist, curator and arts entrepreneur. He is the founder of Vital 5 Productions, Artist For a Work Free America (AFWFA), Lundgren Monuments and a member of the artist trio PDL. He co-owns The Hideout and Vito’s, and is the founder and director of Museum of Museum, a new contemporary art center in Seattle.
Jennifer Roberts is an art collector and all around extraordinary individual. She is currently on the board of On The Boards, and is a past trustee of the Henry Art Gallery and Villa Academy. She also owns Old Chaser Farm on Vashon where she manages their beautiful farm share.
Knee High Stocking Co. is a minority, female, family-owned and operated business born and bred in Seattle, WA. Sisters/Partners: Pamela C. and Michelle V. have served up Prohibition-era cocktails and house-made shrubs, plus a menu of Filipino-inspired American food since 2017.
- Plate (Vegetarian Option Available)
- Lumpia (select Beef, Pork, Beyond meat)
- Asian Chicken Drummettes
- Potatas bravas
- +homemade sauces
- Thai one on (vodka, allspice dram, basil)
- Calimansari ginger shrub W/ lemon and soda
Thank you to ArtTable Northwest Chapter Leaders for organizing this event.
Image: Museum of Museums (MOM)