- This event has passed.
Virtual | SoCal: L.A. Louver 45th Anniversary Exhibition Discussion
November 12, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
4pm ET | 3pm CT | 1pm PT
Join ArtTable’s Southern California Chapter for a virtual discussion about the L.A. Louver’s 45th Anniversary Exhibition, with Chapter Co-Chair and art critic Shana Nys Dambrot, Elizabeth East, Director of the L.A. Louver, and exhibiting artists Rebecca Campbell and Sherin Guirguis.
This program is open to ArtTable Members and guests only. Members are allowed to bring one guest for an additional $5.
How to take part:
- Click here to Register for this event.
- Following registration you will receive call-in information in the form of a ZOOM link
- Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app from the Download Center and select the “Zoom Client for Meetings” option. Alternatively, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join link.
- For further instruction on how to use Zoom, see here.
Venerable gallery L.A. Louver is currently showing its 45th anniversary exhibition, featuring 45 artists from their extended gallery stable and family. They are open for free private viewing appointments, and the show is also presented in online form. All who are comfortable are welcome to make an appointment at their convenience at any time, and on November 12, once everyone has had a chance to see the show, either in person or online, we will convene on Zoom for a virtual conversation.
About Shana Nys Dambrot
Shana is an art critic, curator, and author based in Downtown LA. She is Arts Editor for the L.A. Weekly; contributor to Flaunt, Art & Cake, and Artillery; and author of the experimental novella Zen Psychosis (2020, Griffith Moon). She is the co-chair of Programming at ArtTable SoCal.
About Rebecca Campbell
Rebecca Campbell received her MFA in painting and drawing in June 2001 from the University of California, Los Angeles. She has exhibited nationally and internationally at L.A. Louver Gallery, Ameringer-McEnery-Yohe, Gagosion Gallery, the Phoenix Art Museum, the American Academy of Arts and Letters, and the Cornell Fine Arts Museum at Rollins College, among other galleries and museums. Currently an assistant professor at California State University, Fullerton, she has also taught at Art Center College of Design, Claremont Graduate University, Vermont College of Fine Art, Anderson Ranch Arts Center, and the Idyllwild Arts Academy. She is represented by L.A. Louver Gallery. More info.
About Sherin Guirguis
Sherin Guirguis was born in 1974 in Luxor, Egypt. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Painting and Sculpture from the University of California’s College of Creative Studies in Santa Barbara, CA and her Master of Fine Arts in Painting from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2001. She currently lives and works in Los Angeles, CA. More info.
Thank you to Shana Nys Dambrot, SoCal Programs Co-Chair for organizing this program.
- L.A. Louver, 45 at 45, installation views
- Rebecca Campbell, Which Side Are You On
- Sherin Guirguis, Untitled (el sokareya), 2013, plywood, 84 x 84 x 88 in. (213.4 x 213.4 x 223.5 cm) / Edition A.P. of 3