Exhibitions Manager , Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts & Culture (Bethesda, MD)
Bethesda-based arts organization seeks a full-time Exhibitions Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience in exhibition management, planning and design as well as management and promotion of visual art exhibitions/sales, including online, art galleries, crafts festivals or other similar activities. The successful candidate will also have experience in artist relations, event and gallery program production and coordination. The Exhibitions Manager will work closely with the Visual Arts & Education Program Director and various stakeholders to build a robust exhibition program that celebrates and promotes the diverse artistic talents in the DC metro area.
This position requires the Exhibitions Manager to be onsite for exhibition installations, openings, gallery operational hours, events and other gallery related activities.
Key Responsibilities: Act as lead program manager for Partnership galleries and manage marketing efforts for the exhibition program. The position will be responsible for these two areas:
Gallery & Exhibitions
- Plan and implement a wide variety of exhibitions and gallery program operations for three Partnership galleries, including exhibit installations, artists coordination, managing exhibition schedule, and working closely with Exhibition Committee.
- Manage artists selection process to include Park resident artists, diverse regional artists, group shows, and other opportunities with a directive to meet or exceed annual art sales goals.
- Create and implement an overall plan for the exhibitions program, including logistics and management of art inventory.
- Work closely with artists and guest curators to present high quality exhibitions in the Partnership galleries.
- Develop online channels and new retail opportunities for artists and other Glen Echo Park merchandise.
- Schedule and supervise gallery staffing for two staffed public galleries operated by the Partnership.
- Provide information and processing weekly sales for the Partnership galleries and online art market.
- Maintain accurate sales records, reconcile sales, and coordinate artist payments along with other gallery functions.
- Project manage the annual Labor Day Art Show, including soliciting entries, exhibition installation, staffing plan, marketing and administrative support.
- Oversee and coordinate exhibition installation, opening receptions and other special events, including off site shows.
- Support and staff Partnership special events and festivals throughout the year.
- In consultation with Marketing Director, create and implement overall marketing plan for exhibitions program.
- Regularly update the Partnership’s website for exhibition programs, including editing web pages and managing online art market.
- Plan and execute social media marketing and contribute exhibition content for weekly email marketing communications.
- Design promotional collateral materials and signage for exhibitions and gallery related events and activities.
- In consultation with Marketing Director, draft and send media advisories, dedicated exhibition emails as well as respond to press inquiries.
- Collaborate with Marketing department on all park promotional events and activities as needed.
- Minimum of B.A. in studio art, art history or related field (M.A. preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in galleries, museums, non-profits or related industry
- Experience in administration, gallery work or management strongly preferred
- Strong ability to handle multiple projects, competing priorities and flexible with change
- Knowledge of DC region visual arts community
- Experience producing and managing exhibitions, as well as visual art online and gallery retail
- Proven design skills in Adobe Creative Suite or other design programs (Canva, etc.)
- Experience using social media platforms (including Facebook and Instagram), email marketing software, and knowledge of web design and CMS programs
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational, communication and detail-oriented skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs
Click here to view the full job description and to apply.