Gallery Associate, gallery neptune & brown (Washington, D.C.)
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
Art gallery specializing in modern and contemporary art seeks a tech-savvy Gallery Assistant with a four-year college degree and familiarity with art history who is motivated, responsible, and able to multitask. Attention to detail is essential, and graphic design experience is a plus. Candidate should be comfortable and experienced working with the public in person, on the telephone, and through email communications.
The Gallery Assistant is responsible for writing, researching, and designing exhibition press releases, email communications in Mailchimp, and social media. The position includes maintenance of online platforms including gallery websites (Squarespace) and Artsy profile, as well as basic registrar and art handling tasks. Assistant will edit and create photo files, Photoshop mock ups of artwork in client homes, e-catalogues, price lists, wall labels, mailing lists, and correspondence with clients and artists.
- Candidate must have a four-year college degree, Art History a plus.
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements skills, NO exceptions.
- Experience with digital photography, Instagram, Facebook, Windows and Microsoft office suite required.
- Excellent writing ability.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Squarespace, and Artsy preferred.
- Customer service skills and ability to multi-task in an organized manner required, as well as ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Extremely punctual and reliable with a sense of discretion and professional demeanor at all times.
- Candidate must be available Wednesday to Friday 12 to 7pm.
Applicants may email Christine Neptune at firstname.lastname@example.org with application materials. Visit the website for more information.
Applications are due by 12/24/20.