Membership Manager, Bruce Museum (Greenwich, CT)
The Bruce Museum seeks a Membership Manager to lead the Membership program through a wide range of acquisition and retention programs. The role includes managing operations and correspondence; compiling monthly renewal, upgrade and conversion reports; writing copy for all membership collateral material; and creating and implementing strategic membership acquisition opportunities. The Membership Manager addresses all member queries with efficiency and sensitivity. The Membership Manager manages/maintains accurate membership records, including all membership gift entry, timely acknowledgements, revenue reports, list generation, and other reports as needed.
Besides stewardship and donor identification responsibilities, the Membership Manager oversees the design and implementation of retention and conversion strategies as well as the strategic plan for new member acquisition. A team player, they represent Membership interests in their collaborations with other Museum departments and with Museum programming. In year one, the Membership Manager will create and implement a founding member program aligned with institutional growth and expansion.
This position is based in Greenwich, CT. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, work is currently being done remotely with employees going into the Museum on an as needed basis.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Evaluate and develop the membership strategic plan and work in coordination with Finance office, Director of Development and Institutional Advancement, and Donor Relations Manager to implement and ensure that membership goals adhere to approved budgets.
- Process membership renewals, create member preview invitations, create content for promotional materials for lapsed member mailings and member emails.
- Plan and oversee events for Robert Bruce Circle (an upper level member program).
- Plan and oversee membership events including 4 opening celebrations a year, new member events, and special programs. Coordinate efforts for member programs with Audience Engagement to avoid overlap and foster collaboration.
- Oversee membership processing in Altru including gift entry, reports, maintaining records, acknowledgements and renewals (letters and emails). Process digital cards via Cuseum.
- Provide Director of Development and Institutional Advancement with monthly financial reports to be presented to the Board of Trustees.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing & Communications to plan and implement membership promotions.
- Work closely with Visitor Services to ensure proper procedures are in place for on-site sales and front-line staff is aware of member programs and communications.
Necessary Knowledge & Skills
|• Bachelor’s Degree required. 5+ years of Museum or other non-profit experience working with all levels of donors and high level members.|
• Fundraising experience essential and experience organizing special events required.
• Presentation skills important; strong communication/organization skills required.
• Familiarity with PCs, Microsoft Office, and web-based communication platforms required.
• Altru experience preferred;
• Occasional weekend/evening event work required.
• Strong interest in the arts and/or sciences preferred.
• Salary and Benefits commensurate with experience.
Contact Name:Becky Conelias
Contact Email: email@example.com
Website Link: brucemuseum.org