Visitor Services and Administrative Manager, Art Omi (New York, NY)
Art Omi seeks a dynamic arts administrator to fulfill the expanded role of Visitor Services and Administrative Manager. The Manager will lead Art Omi’s visitor experience, while providing key administrative support.
The Visitor Services and Administrative Manager creates the important first engagement with the public. The position plays an important role in creating a sense of cohesion at Art Omi in collaboration with Communications, Development, Curatorial, and Education teams. The Visitors Services and Administrative Manager also coordinates a variety of related administrative tasks.
About Art Omi
Situated on 120 acres in the Hudson Valley, Art Omi presents the works of contemporary artists and architects, and offers a range of large-scale works in nature, plus a 1,500 square foot gallery. The Sculpture & Architecture Park currently offers more than 60 works by artists and architects on view. Additionally, Art Omi has five distinct residency programs (Art Omi: Architecture, Art Omi: Artists; Art Omi: Dance; Art Omi: Music; and Art Omi: Writers), and a thriving education program, serving people of all ages with contemporary art and ideas in a stimulating and dynamic community.
Art Omi is committed to maintaining an equitable, healthy work environment and upholds a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical ability or disability. BIPOC and women-identified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Visitor Services Management including visitor hospitality, registration
- Coordination of Visitor Services Staff
- Event Support
- Organizational wide Administrative and Calendar Coordination
Candidates must have:
- Knowledge of contemporary art and architecture.
- Flexibility to support operations in a variety of positions.
- Proven track record of success in frontline visitor or customer service work.
- Prior work experience in arts administration (strongly preferred).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Professional, friendly demeanor and interest in building interpersonal relationships with staff, artists, and other partners.
- Ability to remain flexible and focused in a demanding work environment and to prioritize deadlines and assignments effectively.
- Proficiency with CRM, Google Docs, Mac OS, and administrative softwares.
Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to Art Omi’s mission, working to advance its position within the field and an ability to advocate effectively for the organization and its goals in professional and social settings.
This position requires long periods of computer use. It sometimes requires long periods of standing. The individual will need to be able to talk and hear, walk around, and occasionally work outdoors (during clement weather). The position requires occasional lifting of boxes (20 lbs and under), office equipment, or furniture (e.g. chairs, small tables).
This position is on-site at Art Omi and will include at least one partial weekend day and occasional evenings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will usually be in a public environment (the Benenson Center). The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, and occasionally noisy. The Benenson Center is an ADA accessible building.
Art Omi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, Art Omi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Salary range: $32,000 – $39,000
- Partial health insurance premium reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Sick time
- Digital applications only, please.
- Submit cover letter and resume by Friday, February 5 to: email@example.com
- Subject: Visitor Service and Administrative Manager